Saturday, September 18, 2010

::the gramma:: feedsack quilt finished!


Failed to tell you all that the prints are feedsacks. The solid colors are "thirties fabric". As far as I remember, I never saw a solid color feedsack. There were white flour sacks and sugar sacks. I auditioned one of my sugar sacks for the pillowcase but it did not suit my taste - it seemed a little on the flimsy side. This quilt covers the top of a standard mattress - in those days I never saw anyone with a queen or king size bed.

I decided to go one step further and make a pillowcase, too. Enjoy!
-The Gramma

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

V. here... The feedsack quilt looks terrific! I love all those prints. I can't wait to see your gorgeous quilting on it. The churn dash seems to be a perfect choice for the prints.

blackstarmonkey said...

oh wow! this looks beautiful! way to go gramma!!!

Anonymous said...

V. here...I think it is so interesting what you mentioned about the King and Queen size beds. Thanks for the reminder.

liso. said...

What exactly is a churn dash?

Love it, Gramma! Where did you get these fabrics?