Friday, September 17, 2010

::the mom:: Santa's Parade of Nursery Rhymes

I have added the quilt label and finished the binding so that means it is officially finished!

I chose the yellow fabric with red polka dots for the sashing and binding, because it seemed to go with the mood of the nursery rhymes.


The name of the quilt is "Santa's Parade of Nursery Rhymes" by Jeanne Poore which is a historic redwork quilt from The Kansas City Star. Each square represents a nursery rhyme or story. Of course, there is a picture of Santa, too.

Another favorite is the blue fairy. (mmm, guess she is really the red, blue fairy) Do you remember which tale she was in? Yes, the story of a little wooden marionette who got his wish!



This jack in the box is the last block that I embroidered and I went a little wild...adding colored thread for the balloons.

Now here is the whole quilt. All finished and ready to display at Christmas or sooner.
-Vickie

3 comments:

liso. said...

Mom, this is so cute! I especially love that yellow polka dot fabric you chose. It's perfect! Is it on the back as well?

You guys are leaving me in your dust!!!

the gramma said...

How darling, V!! Superb job in choices of pattern, fabric and quilting - a really beautiful treasure to be proud of!!

blackstarmonkey said...

this makes me jealous... what are all the other fairy tales?