Monday, September 6, 2010

::the gramma:: wedding ring quilt finished

Visiting my mom (the gramma) never finds us without projects to complete. I just got back from visiting her and came home with this cute Cheaters Wedding Ring Quilt. A friend of hers gave her the fabric. While I was visiting, I tied it and added the binding. Mom made the sweetest matching pillow sham and table mat. Then when I left she gave the whole set to me!! It is such a beautiful set and so fluffy and soft. Just the perfect quilt to snuggle beneath.
-Vickie

5 comments:

liso. said...

I love it! Gramma, you work so fast!!! Why is it called a Cheaters Wedding Ring Quilt? Just because it's tied????

liso. said...

I love it! Gramma, you work so fast!!! Why is it called a Cheaters Wedding Ring Quilt? Just because it's tied????

the gramma said...

No, No, No!!! The designs were printed onto the fabric - that's the reason we chose to "tie" it instead of quilting every seam. I'll be interested to see what The Mom's comments are. (This is a twin-size quilt and the friend gave me the left-overs after I quilted [every seam]for her -- for nice pay, of course, which I no longer do for others.)

liso. said...

Oh! I get it! I hadn't even realized that!!!

blackstarmonkey said...

VERY tricky! :)