Monday, November 15, 2010

::the oldest daughter:: block of the month

Well, I signed up for a block of the month quilt at my local quilting shop.
I've been interested, but I always a little shy about getting involved because I'm afraid I'll be way over my head. When I asked and found out that it only cost TEN DOLLARS, though, I jumped at the chance. I'm too cheap not to. These fabrics are more pastel than I would ever normally choose, but it's a good way to get out of my comfort zone.
Of course I waited till the very last moment to get this done. I had all month - and waited till the last night I had possible!
The instructions that came with this were horrible! As in, there were no instructions! They gave me a pattern for "Thangles" which I couldn't figure out, so I finally just looked online for instructions on sizing the two triangle squares. And it worked, more or less.
A little messy down there on the corner, but I'm not ripping it out. No way.
(I hate the seam ripper.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

v. here...This is an excellent job!! great picture. So now do you go pick up your next block tomarrow. Can't beat a $10. quilt. Looks like a millon bucks already.

blackstarmonkey said...

seam ripper = best friend and worst enemy

kudos for taking the class.